Saturday, April 7, 2012

A garage sale adventure

This morning My mom, Toots, and I woke up early and dragged ourselves out of bed, piled in the car, and drove to a garage sale we had seen advertised for in the paper. sadly the fist sale was quite a disappointment. We hadn't had breakfast so we stopped and got something to eat. I got a chocolate chip scone and some chocolate soy milk.
 We decided to stop at one more sale and I'm glad we did. At the second one we met a kind old lady who chatted with us and would say stuff like "Oh, my husband and I always used to play this game and it is so fun I think you girls would really like it." At this sale I got a treasure, an antique stuffed cat with stitching on it's face. Toots got an antique copy of the book "Christy" by Catherine Marshal and the grand total for those two items was only $1.25!



This little adventure was worth getting up early and I hope I can go on another adventure soon and I wish you guys could come with me!
What is your favorite thrifting treasure?
LOVE and calico cats,
-Babycakes

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    HE IS RISEN!

    ALEX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we got up early! It was a fun morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I didn't even see this post! I love garage sales. They are my absolute favorite. Especially ones like that. :)))

    ReplyDelete

loverly comments!